making the best boats affordable
Today, boating is a luxury few can afford because of high cost or limited leisure time. Our leasing program changes that by allowing you to match your time available with your budget for boating recreation. You can now enjoy the boating lifestyle for a fraction of the cost of ownership, without the worry of expensive maintenance.
Today, over 31% of the automobiles on the road are leased, and most of them are expensive, prestigious brands. Leasing is simply less costly than ownership for people not planning on holding a car for the long term. Cars start costing money to maintain after 3-4 years, plus technology is constantly improving. Why sit with an obsolete car that is depreciating?
The same is true for boats. We have taken virtually all of the advantages from auto leasing and incorporated them in our fractional leasing/charter program, plus added a few advantages of our own. According to the national boating association, the average boat owner uses his boat only 25 days a year. That means the boat sits idle for most of the year, racking up costs for dockage, insurance, annual maintenance and at the same time it's depreciating.
Fractional Leasing Advantages
Our shared access program is designed for boaters who want the very best in boating amenities, comfort, usage, and safety which provides a high-value boating experience.
LEASE/CHARTER PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
- 1 to 4 year programs are available
- Down payments are affordable
- One monthly invoice covers everything
- Far less costly than owning
- Full day usage only
- Only Premium Boats Leased or Chartered
- Electric flush toilets
- Cruising Canvas equipped
- Free boating & vessel operating education
- No worries about hurricane damage
- The boat is never over booked – you get the days you pay for
- All regular maintenance is included
- Easy online reservations
- All slip rental and insurance included
- No debt, no depreciation, no hassle
- Concierge service available
- Premium marina & location
- Handy gas dock & pump out
- No onerous credit checks
- Transferrable with BoattestLEASING’s permission
- Captains available
Here’s How Our Program works
- Pick the number of annual usage days you want
Annual available days start at 10 days, minimum, and go up from there. Typically, leases range from 15 to 40 days a year.
- Lease/charter terms run for a season or a year.
Some boats are available all year around, and some are available only for the winter season. Ask for details.
- A low down payment secures the lease hold
Typically, when financed, lenders require a 20% to 30% down payment. Our lease/charter down payments are a fraction of that amount.
- One monthly lease payment covers all expenses
Included in the monthly payment, leasehold, maintenance, slip rental, insurance, haul outs, bottom painting and cleaning, reservation services, 24/7 boat monitoring, and much more.
- Overnighting allowed, and navigation out to 50 to 100 miles
Our program permits coastal cruising so long as the boat is tied up at an approved marina every night. Offshore limits depend on the boat, but all are from 50 to 100 miles offshore.
- Typically, the only additional expenses are fuel and ice
All charters or leaseholders are expected to treat the boat as their own, which is to say, take good care of it, refuel it, pump out the holding tank, wash down the boat and flush the engines after every use. These chores can be done -- with notice – by our crew for an extra fee. All users are responsible for damage.
- After the lease term is up, just turn in the keys and walk away
Don't worry about preparing the boat for sale, then waiting months or years for someone to buy it.
- Licensed captains are available
With 48-hour notice licensed captains are available to drive the boat for party-hearty outings, and also a fishing guide/captain is available for fishing expeditions, with 7 days notice.
- Enjoy the boat your way
Without the time-consuming work, heavy expense, and boat depreciation, leasing/chartering provides peace of mind and goes easy on your budget.